Are There Any Good Reasons To Give Up Alcohol Beyond Dry January
I gave up BOOZE many months ago now and thought I would share with you some of my reasons. I became sober curious while studying nutrition. Perhaps you have some of these symptoms. Some symptoms are whispered to me when I first wake in the morning. Some are my body shouting at me! Do you have similar symptoms?
Here is my list:
- It is toxic and makes me toxic.
- It makes me angry and resentful.
- It overloads my liver and can be the source of disease.
- I am fed up with feeling low, tired, ill and unproductive, and this is outweighing the positive things you get from alcohol.
- My energy and interest in other things was low and has been replaced with a preoccupation with alcohol. This is not all the time but it creeps back in.
- My drinking goals in the past have been too vague and to limit myself to one or two drinks once or twice a week – so that will be on a Friday or Saturday night. If I feel I cannot limit myself to this then I will have to be abstinent. I have found limiting use does not work so I have to quit.
- I will enjoy being fitter and more focussed on study and exercise if I don’t drink. I will have less hangovers so I will be a better mother and wife, not getting so irritated and angry and not being so toxic.
- My other symptoms have included blurred vision in the morning – especially when up close and writing.
- I experience morning headaches. it is dull and just in the background but still there – not enough to take any medication but still there.
- I have puffiness around the eyes – I know this is my liver trying to tell me something.
- I have sore bunions, redness and inflamed feet.
- I have a fungal nail infection in my big toe.
- I have sore breasts for several days before my period.
- I experience a sore stomach after some meals especially if I combine with wine.
- I have a slightly itchy mouth after some wine.
- I have some days when I feel unhappy, but not all the time.
- Carrying an extra 2 kg especially under the arms and around the arm pits. I have also have lumps under my armpits that feel like mild pimples or cysts but then go away.
- Tightness in shoulder, jaw and neck area.
- Slightly bloated tummy
- I feel really wiped out if I do any more than half an hour of running.
- Spending too much time and energy thinking about and not thinking about will or won’t I have a drink today.
- I have difficulty in focusing on one task at a time, especially when studying. I find my mind wanders and I have to re-read articles more than once to get the idea.
- Tight right hip when I sit too long.
- When I am hung-over I feel tired, negative, anxious, depressed, guilty, and slightly paranoid.
Now none of these symptoms are debilitating, they are just lurking in the background. But I know that every single one of them go away when I do a 4 month cleanse or protocol that eliminates anything that causes inflammation – these are all symptoms of inflammation. Alcohol is a significant cause of inflammation.
What are your symptoms?
What are your reasons? Would you like to get help from a sober nutritionist?
I would love to hear from you so please get on touch on Facebook or Twitter @passion4juice
email me at email@example.com