Do you love coffee?
I encourage you to limit caffeine intake as it can be dehydrating plus it can put a strain on the adrenals and the hormones. if you’re like me and you love your one coffee a day or encourage you to try this recipe.
What is Biohacking?
Biohacking is the process of making changes to your lifestyle in order to “hack” your body’s biology and feel your best. Biohacking is improving the health of your body using external tools, and the term is gaining popularity as part of an increasing move toward improving health and wellness.
Here are a few simple biohacks I recommend to my perimenopausal and menopausal clients
- Do not use alarms to wake yourself up with a sudden jolt; start waking yourself up naturally and gradually
- Incorporate smart supplementation into your diet to support the adrenals and your gut health. Vitamins A, C, D, magnesium and zinc are all fundamental to gut health and hormone balancing.
- Incorporate some good fat into your daily diet. Coconut oil, avocado, hemp oil and cashews are all good fats that help hormone harmony.
- Try breathing deeply throughout the day. Diaphragmatic breathing is a great way to control stress and support the digestive system
- Love dark chocolate? Try eating sugar-free dark chocolate.
- Track your sleep length and quality; start trying to get at least 8 hours every night. The earlier you go to bed the better it is for happy hormones.
- Try bulletproof coffee
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is a type of coffee used to enhance cognitive abilities. Concentration, attention, focus, and intelligence are all cognitive abilities that affect the performance of our social and professional lives. Bulletproof coffee is one way to enhance that performance and stay alert in all situations.
Bulletproof coffee is becoming increasingly popular among athletes and business people to improve their cognitive abilities and attain higher levels of energy.
The magic ingredient in bulletproof coffee is unsalted grass-fed butter. Yes, this coffee has butter in it, but it also has the highest performance and lowest toxin level. It has all the benefits of healthy fats without the casein proteins found in milk.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
Here is a simple recipe for bulletproof coffee for improved cognitive abilities and energy.
Organic coffee beans ground fresh
Unsalted grass-fed butter
MCT Coconut oil
Using filtered water, brew 1 cup of coffee just off the boil along with 2½ tablespoons of coffee beans that have been freshly ground. Gradually add about 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to the hot coffee. Follow with 1–2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter. If you do not have unsalted grass-fed butter, you can use grass-fed ghee. Blend until it is frothy for 20-30 seconds.