What are the signs that you need a probiotic to support your gut?
Probiotics are live microorganisms, typically bacteria, that are beneficial to the body’s digestive and are vital for a resilient immune system.
But how do you know if you need a probiotic?
Here are some signs that you may need to add a probiotic to your diet.
1. You’re having digestive issues. Gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhoea, a probiotic may help improve your digestion.
2. You’re feeling fatigued. If you’re feeling more tired than usual, probiotics may be able to help.
3. You’re often sick. If you’re constantly getting sick and can’t seem to shake off the colds and flu, a probiotic may be able to help.
4. You’re taking antibiotics. They kill off both bad and good bacteria in the gut, so taking a probiotic can help replenish the good bacteria that’s been lost.
5. You’re under a lot of stress. Stress can have a major impact on your gut health, and probiotics may be able to help. Research shows that probiotics can help reduce stress-related gut symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhoea.
If you’re experiencing any of the above signs, let’s talk about adding a probiotic to your diet. Probiotics can be found in some foods such as yoghurt and kimchi, or you can take a probiotic supplement. Let me guide you to the best one for you.